6 May 2012

BACK TO THE ELEPHANT



Christina Akama


Christina Akama


Christina Akama


Christina Akama



The characteristic first impression people have when visiting a place like Elephant and Castle is that they find it to be an eyesore. Having spent a few months there during my summer break I grew very much attached to the area and was curious to find out more about the abandoned estate opposite my flat. This is how it all began: mere curiosity changed my perception of the very dull-looking concrete estate and, my will to dig deeper into the planned regeneration is what enabled me to form a very different opinion to that of a conventional visitor to the area.

Equipped with my camera I decided to venture out into the estate, as I had stumbled on a news article regarding a few residents who still refuse to leave their home, despite the government pushing through with its regeneration plans.


No comments:

Post a Comment